We’re located at Leti Bunga, Village Shasbani in Mukteshwar area of Nainital district in Uttarakhand.
To get here, you need to first reach Bhatelia market. Once at Bhatelia, you would hit upon a fork in the road, take the one on your right heading towards Dhanachuli. Drive down this road for approx 200 meters till you hit a dirt track climbing upwards on the left. Drive up this road for approx 100 meters and you will find us on your right.
Do give us a shout once you are at Bhatelia so that we are ready to receive you. See you here!
Or for more information, you can reach us at:
A unit of Backpackers Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Leti Bunga, Village Shashbani
PO Bhatelia, District Nainital
Uttarakhand. PIN: 263132
Phone: +91 7409 333 127
Need directions to reach us?
One of the best things about travelling to Mukteshwar is that your holiday starts en route itself, given the scenic drive. Easy, short and quick access from Delhi makes it an ideal escape for weekend getaways.
You can get to Mukteshwar by Road, Rail or Air. We recommend you hit the road!
Driving to us is the best option as it is not only a leisurely & short drive from Delhi, but once you are here, it gives you the mobility to explore our neighborhood at your convenience.
Delhi – The Birdcage, Mukteshwar
Distance: Approx 340kms
Drive Time: Approximately 7.5 hours (you should start by 6 AM)
Though there are multiple routes to reach us, we suggest this route as the roads are in good condition, there isn’t much traffic and is indeed a scenic drive.
- Start by 6am from Delhi and drive to Moradabad via NH-24.
- You can stop for breakfast immediately after Gajraula as there are multiple restaurants there. It should take you approx 2 hrs drive to get there.
- Once you cross Moradabad Bypass, turn left towards Moradabad City.
- And then turn right on to the Moradabad Kashipur Road before you enter Moradabad City.
- Follow this road for a few kilometres and then turn right on to the Tanda -Bazpur Road MDR 65W.
- From Bazpur take Nainital Road to Kaladhungi and turn left for Nainital after the petrol pump (you may refuel here or in Nainital).
- Start the climb up to Nainital and find yourself at the Naini Lake in an hour’s time. You may choose to stop here for lunch, though parking may be bit of a nuisance.
- Else we recommend you continue for another hour or so to Bhowali, Gagar, Ramgarh, Satbunga to Bhatelia Market and arrive at The Birdcage for lunch. If you keep us informed, we would be happy to serve your lunch as soon as you arrive!
If traveling by train is your thing, you should only consider Shatabdi Express as Ranikhet Express & Uttrakhand Sampark Kranti Express do not offer convenient timings. All these trains originate in Delhi and get you to Kathgodam railway station which is approx 70 kms (2 hour’s drive) drive away. We can arrange a Taxi pick up and drop for you at a reasonable charge.
New Delhi – Kathagodam – Drive to The Birdcage
Train: New Delhi-Kathgodam Shatabdi Express (12040)
Departure from New Delhi: 6:00 AM | Arrival at Kathgodam: 11:40 AM
Approximate Travel Time: Train Journey: 5 hours 40 minutes | Onward Drive in taxi: 2 hours
Depart from The Birdcage – Kathgodam – New Delhi
Train: Kathgodam New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12039)
Departure from Kathgodam: 3:35 PM | Arrival at New Delhi: 9:05 PM
Approximate Travel Time: Drive in taxi: 2 hours | Train Journey: 5 hours 40 minutes.
Pantnagar Airport is the most convenient option if you wish to take a flight.
Air India has flights operating between New Delhi and Pantnagar.
Pantnagar Airport is approximately 90 kms away from The Birdcage and we would be happy to arrange a Taxi pick up and drop from the airport at a reasonable charge. This drive could take you approx 2 hours 30 mins as you have to drive through congested Haldwani city.